Wednesday, January 30, 2013

AMAZING DINNER for the ALL types of eaters!!!

I don't know about your household, but our household is filled with a bunch a different types of tastes in food.  Sometimes I feel like a short order cook.  This last menu I made my goal was to come up with meals that we could all eat but maybe in different ways.

Tonights dinner was AWESOME!!! Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad from an awesome site called "Greens and Chocolate"!!! YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE!


 My favorite 3 things about this dish were: 
  1. I didn't have to cook anything tonight because I used the chicken from our dinner Sunday night.  (the recipe for that is Island Chicken, which was also a major WIN!)
  2. We all ate this meal in 3 seperate ways and still could have had it another way if we wanted!
  3. Was HEALTHY and NO ONE could tell!!!!
I made this following the recipe, BUT I ate mine as a Spinach Wrap and added Super Greens to mine (bag of baby spinach, baby bok choy and etc).  Here is the recipe I got off of Greens and Chocolates page.

Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest
serves 4 for dinner salads

salad:
2 cups shredded chicken
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can sweet yellow corn (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 green onions, sliced
1 head ice berg lettuce, washed and chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 ripe avocados, diced
1 cup crushed tortilla chips

dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp ranch seasoning
1 tbsp taco seasoning

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips.

In a small bowl stir all dressing ingredients together. Pour dressing over salad, starting with about half of the dressing. Toss to combine, then gradually add more dressing until it is dressed to your liking. Top with tortilla chips. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment