Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BREAKFAST HEALTHY FIX and so YUM

Shocker- I was on Pinterest again last week. Okay, now that that's out in the open I will carry on to tell you about my new favorite breakfast quick fix and the site I found it on!  This is a PERFECT on-the-go meal for you working mamas or just really busy ones!  This is also something great for kid's breakfast to get away from everyday cereal!  We LOVE them! 

Let me start by saying this: I love moms that blog about natural sweeteners for food and when they post amazingly yummy recipes to go with it that my KIDS WILL ACTUALLY LOVE!  So thank you Sugar-Free Mom for your post and you can check out the full RECIPE for yourself right here---> Oatmeal Muffins

Here is how I made them for my kids and they have asked for them every day!

Sugar-Free Mom's Oatmeal Muffins (perfect for On-the-Go moms and just for a good treat too!)

2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups Applesauce, unsweetened
1 banana, mashed
6 packets of Stevia (I was going to sub this with 1/2 cup of honey but changed my mind)
5 cups 100% Whole Grain Oats (I used the Quick Oats from Aldi)
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 TBSP ground cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 3/4 cups Almond Milk, original
Toppings: I used Fresh Blueberries on half and then Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate (which I will probably just use Carob chips instead next time because this was way to strong of a chocolate taste for me and my girls)

I through the wet ingredients all together in the Kitchen-Aid mixer and started adding the dry ingredients.  Then I just greased the muffin tins and poured my batter in there and then added the toppings.  Bake at 350 degrees and mine only took about 25 minutes. 

My batch made 24 muffins and the way I made them with the blueberries was only 112 calories per muffin for you fitness mamas!  I FROZE EACH ONE WRAPPED IN CLING WRAP & STORED THEM IN A GALLON FREEZER BAG SO THAT I COULD JUST GRAB ONE AND NUKE IT REALLY EASILY!

Again, check out her full website for how she made hers and other awesome ideas!!!
www.sugarfreemom.com



No comments:

Post a Comment