Friday, February 8, 2013

It's all about the follow through...

Hey everyone!  Wow this week was a BUSY one!!! I wish I had an easier way to post for you all!  I am going to have to spend today updating EVERYTHING for you all!  This week I didn't get to accomplish as much as I had PLANNED.  This morning I woke up to look at my planner and it was closed and the title really caught my attention "A Well Planned Day"... ha.

It's awesome to have a plan for your day or life, but a "plan" is NOTHING without the FOLLOW THROUGH. You can plan your menus, schedule, events, activities, doctors appointments and more..... You can fit whatever you find important into your schedule.... What is your #1 thing on your daily "To Do"?


I don't know about you, but I tend to plan things out weekly and then it always seems like something jumps in and interrupts the whole process.  The interruption could be a sick kid, an argument, a over-used snooze button, that really slow car on the road, that thing you left at home so now you have to turn around and go all the way back home to get it....... sounding familiar???

My whole week was interrupted this week.... My original plan: Monday-Devotional, Blog, Breakfast, Kids Food, School, Laundry, Kids Lunch, Naps, Menu Planning for rest of month & Dinner.... The reality: Quick-read Devotional after me coming Unglued (<---hey my Reflect ladies, you like that word use? lol), then I allowed my overwhelmed emotional brain to decide to defeat my whole day.  I then spent 2 full days on a mommy/wife leave-of-absence thanks to a great friend who saw I was finally at my breaking point.

The rest of my week has been spent playing catch up with the planner.  Have I succeeded in that?  Nope.

Final thoughts on this whole crazy and very common scenario:

God is here.  He knows our schedule inside and out.  He can help us keep it in line if we are scheduling it with the things He wants us to.  I got all worked up Monday because I let my circumstances from a bad morning control my entire state of mind.  Interruptions are going to happen.  What are you going to do to fight through them so that you can follow through with the bigger plan for your day/life?  What's on your To Do List that maybe doesn't need to be?  What is the real reason you haven't finish something you have started?  You may need to just sit and be honest with yourself to figure that out.

Make a plan this weekend for next week.  Maybe just put 3 main daily to-do's on it.  You don't have to go all crazy and plan every hour and then try to overwhelm yourself with the task of completing it.  Start small.  After you make that plan-follow through with it.

My top to-do's:

  1. Reflect Study Homework-my time with our Dad (fact. my day functions without it, but never functions to its full potential.)
  2. School Assignments Complete.
  3. Blogs kept up for the week.
  4. Do not overbook my schedule.  It's okay to miss out on some things.
"For I know the plans I have for you, they are plans to help you grow not to hurt you...."
 Jeremiah 29:11 {my emphasis/translation}

No comments:

Post a Comment